Saturday, December 10, 2011

be true to yourself

When I was in 9th grade I kind of started wearing whatever I wanted. Style wasn't an issue and a lot of the time what I wore didn't match. If I thought it looked cute that was enough. Even if that meant I was wearing a yellow headband, black shirt, maroon sweater, blue pants and red vans.

Yep that was an actual outfit


The point is, I loved not caring. I still don't. My mom told me that I would look back and regret some of my outfit choices, which is very true. But sometimes I would actually come up with something that looked kind of wonderful. Other times...

Tie dye and sweat pants. Always a winner
Comfort is key
This one is a personal family favorite. In Brazil and looking not so wonderful.
Best part about this, I went straight from dance to the wedding in my backyard. No one said anything.
I went all out on dress up days as well...
Things started to get better when I went to Disneyland on choir tour
But I can't help going back to my over sized sweatshirt, patterned thermals, and uggs
You can never go wrong with floral leggings and pigtail braids
It probably would have been a good thing if someone had said something to me before I left the house in the morning. I guess when you're a parent you have to pick and choose your battles. 

Be true to who you are. You'll never regret it. 

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you."
          - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment