Saturday, May 19, 2012

Playing catch up

So I'm going to play a little catch up on all the things that have happened in the last 2 months. Not just the little fun things, but the big stuff!


Becky got her mission call!! She was called to Carlsbad, California and reports to the MTC on June 6. I'm so incredibly happy and proud of her. But man I'll miss her!




We had an interesting situation this year with Nationals being a week later than normal. As it turned out we had to have our year end banquet before we left because we would be coming back to finals and craziness. Especially for the 3 girls getting married! We ate at La Jolla Groves and seriously had a blast. 
My number one fan. I don't think I would be where I am now if it were not for her support and always being willing to help with WHATEVER I needed. Not just as my mother but as my friend.


Russ and Steve. Not just passing down wisdom, but skills as well.

2012 National Champs
My last night in Daytona I got a phone call at midnight from the front desk. Cheryl told me that I needed to come down and pick up a special "surprise". These flowers were my special surprise. Sent to me from Loren Hawks, Abe Hegewald, and Shae Hunsaker congratulating me on making Young Ambassadors and doing well at Nationals. I love them and I'm so excited for next year!
Practicing our skills for next year. I'm excited to perform with this kid again!

Sam's bachelorette party! Starting at Malawi's...

Going where she never would have expected. It was such a fun time eating, dancing, laughing, opening presents and making the night about our dear Sami Jo
April 29 was Mel's birthday and we took her to Color Me Mine. Don't worry she turned 21... not 12

Jesse and Sam had a dinner the night before their wedding. It was so much fun to be with close friends and celebrate what was to come the next day. Also Haylee came in from LA!! Nothing like a wedding to bring friends and family together right?

It has become a tradition to make a video and show it at the luncheon or dinner of our friends weddings. This was the creation for Jesse and Sam :) 

I could not be happier for them.

May 1, 2012
Ladies

and Gentlemen



She was a beautiful bride.
Spring classes started and this has become my main form of transportation. If it isn't raining or I'm not running late of course! I'm taking Dance 340 and I'm still loving being a dance major. Spring term is so fun because everyone is laid back, the sun is shining and campus is gorgeous!

Reading outside on campus one day

I really do enjoy school. But when these hooligans come in to town I think it is a perfectly acceptable reason to miss 2 days of class. Sure, I've used all my absences up on them. But they're worth it :)

So totally worth it.

Along with teaching dance privates my dad has enlisted me to help rebuild the deck and do some much needed yard work. It's kind of scary that I'm using power tools but really, this one is baby sized. I'm not that cool yet.

I had to get some proof that I was actually doing something. Although I am what you would call a "poser" for this picture, I really did this all across the deck.

When Sam and Jess got back from their honeymoon we decided to have a BBQ up the canyon before they left to go install in San Diego for the summer. Nights like these are one of the many reasons that I love summer. Sam also got us a little prize from Hawaii, these cute head wraps.
One of the many things I love about Emily Barkdull is that even if we are doing absolutely nothing at all, bored out of our minds, it is still so much fun. I haven't laughed so hard about absolutely nothing in a really long time and this night I cried laughing.

Well, there you have it. I'm all caught up and just in time for summer to start. It's time for the windows to be rolled down, swimming, reading, parks, playing, movies, country music, concerts, snow cones, sunburns, craziness and whatever else summer will bring. 







1 comment:

  1. Loved this post Sarah!!! Your video for sam was hilarious and she was the most beautiful bride!!

    ReplyDelete